Wow, it’s been a while since I got round to making another entry, eh? Or even doing much cooking. Well, never fear, another entry is here and as we reach the end of the month let me just remind you of the details of the competition. You have eleven days left to submit a recipe to me, so get reading, get thinking and get emailing!
This entry is brought to us by the ever-so-seductive Johnathan. Now I need to preface this by saying that when I received Johnathan’s entry I was at work on my lunch break and laughed so hard I started crying. It was like reading food-themed soft porn. As a result I will present you with the directions exactly the way I received them. It was just too funny.
As you may have noticed, it’s a cocktail recipe and with the inclusion of raspberries it’s lovely and fresh. Admittedly I like my cocktails with a little more sweetness, so I found this a little bit bitter (thanks to the Indian Tonic). Nothing that couldn’t be solved with a little sugar syrup, however. Also, Johnathan: I. Am. So. Sorry. I know, your recipe stipulates that I use Stolichnaya Razberi, but I just couldn’t get any! Bad Jackie. Slap me on the wrist. So everybody else, don’t do what I did and settle for Absolut Rapberry (settle? God, I’m spoilt) – get the Stoli.
So, without further ado, let me present you with Johnathan’s recipe. Word for word. Honest. Read the whole thing – you won’t be disappointed.
JOHNATHAN’S SEXY SUMMER COCKTAIL
4 ices cubes
1 bottle of Stolichnaya Razberi
2 bottles of Schweppes Indian Tonic Water (not Slimline)
1 punnet of Scottish raspberries
First of all it’s very easy to make, only hot bartenders look good crushing ice and peeling fruit. Preparation is, as it should be, easy peasy… if you are looking for exercise that should come later on (wink-wink-nudge-nudge). Okay:
1. Take a glass – not just any glass, a tall, clean, sparkling shard… okay, a tall slim.
2. Take two ice cubes and drop into your glasses as if you were throwing a snake eyes at a table in Monaco with crystal die.
3. Gently saunter over to fridge (it’s much better if you have a Smeg or at least something that would not be out of place in an American sit-com kitchen set) and retrieve the fresh raspberries. These are your love bullets. Be careful not to crush or bash in any way – they should be quite firm with their perfect navels intact. Oh, and they should be Scottish – everything is better from Scotland.
4. Place them in the glass with your ice.
5. NOW! For the booze! This is also your backup plan if the seduction fails (just increase the measure in the second drink). Stolichnaya Razberi: the brand says Russian decadence and by sheer association you become James Bond. Pour until the glass is a quarter-full of the Russian elixir.
5. Return to the fridge and grab (it has to be) Schweppes Indian Tonic Water and fill up, place straws and give it a twirl.
Recipe over – NOW for the seduction…
6. Get into a comfortable position preferably facing each over (this works well in any bar).
7. Take your straw and hook one of the raspberries (now they look like beautiful red chandeliers, with the tonic creating glass-like bubbles all around the fruit).
8. Slowly pull out the raspberry and hover it above your prey’s lips, telling Her/Him they have to catch it with their tongue, with their eyes fixed on you… I can tell you it is sexy and fun, and starts your evening off the right way!…Ooh and the drink is fantastic.
9. Enjoy guys.
So there you have it. I don’t know about you but I’m feeling a little hot under the collar now… guess I’ll have to have another one of Johnathan’s cocktails to cool down… Also, it should be noted that I had nobody to play this seduction game with (sob) so instead I made Momma Lee and my bestie Jun pose for the last photo, which they found incredibly uncomfortable and strange. Pfft. Wusses.
More to come soon so until next time, peace and love.